1.13.2009

God is "Weaving my Unfolding"


life can be so exhausting amidst big change. when you up and move to another country--whether its "home" or not--it drains the life right out of you. im happy to be here with family. YES. but something is just... off. i dont know how to explain it. its hard to not belong somewhere. im missing the relationships and laughter i had in Japan... and tonight its getting stronger. a familiar song comes on the iPod, and it sends my brain in swirls to the life i used to have. to memories revisited where i see joy on my face and hope in my heart. an unveiling of the beauty i DIDN'T see for so long... and how that all changed. and now, here, i feel stagnate in a way, and i dont know how to wait well. i think this is just my fleeting mood for the evening. im unsure. but i know that now, more than anything, i need to cling to the cloak of the One who loves me... praying all the while. yes... here i go.

2 comments:

millie kate said...

I love this image and the words...so good!

kate said...

hi!
i stumbled across your blog through abby kuiper's... and i have to say i love the way you express yourself. i can relate to some of the things you describe in this post without ever having gone to japan or come back...
and i love the quote at the top about the tree. who said it?

thanks for letting me stop by :-)

www.batesklog.wordpress.com